Fact Bundle 3 – Our Immune System Is Like a Fingerprint
- The gut is considered to represent as much as 80% of the entire immune system
- Of the huge number of microorganism species known to exist in the human gut biome, only about 150-170 varying species are dominant in any person
- The individual microbiome (collection of microorganisms) in each of our guts is at least 2/3 unique to us and 1/3 shared across the population
Fact Bundle 4 – You (and They) Are What You Eat
- Your gut microbiome varies – for better or worse – depending on what it is exposed to
- Probiotic organisms thrive on nutrient-dense, alkaline-forming foods
- Pathogenic (disease-causing) organisms thrive on poor quality foods, sugar and acid-forming foodsProbiotic organisms are far more sensitive to fluoride, chlorine, sugar, antibiotics, and many more chemicals, foods and environmental factors than pathogenic organisms
- Probiotic organisms are far more sensitive to fluoride, chlorine, sugar, antibiotics, and many more chemicals, foods and environmental factors than pathogenic organisms
As you can see, there really is a lot going on “down there”, in your second brain, large intestine, colon, GUT.
And the above facts might just be a bit more than you expected when you began reading.
Not really. You needed to know. 😏
I mean, think about it:
Every time you step on the scale, about 5 of those pounds are represented by trillions of microorganisms that are mostly contained neatly within your gut.
About 10 times more microorganisms than cells in your body, with 10 times more DNA and 150 times more genes than you.
And those pounds also represent about 80 percent of your immune system, which no doubt is inextricably intertwined with your “second brain”!
A brain that has more neurotransmitters going to the “real” brain than the real brain has comingto it!
How people can learn this stuff and not have their minds blown is beyond me.
One thing’s for sure. I’ve just scratched the surface of what can be said about the gut.
And I intend to say a whole lot more.
Till then, remember that you are eating for more than just “you”.
Oh, and don’t forget to subtract 5 pounds next time you weigh yourself…😉